STIBOR Benchmark Statement
The Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility (SFBF) published today a Benchmark Statement for the administration of STIBOR. The STIBOR Benchmark Statement is published in compliance with Article 27 of the European Benchmark Regulation (BMR) and provides information on STIBOR.
The STIBOR Benchmark Statement provides information, and descriptions, of the workings of the following areas.
- the market, or economic reality, measured by the benchmark;
- the calculation methodology and the processes of changes thereof;
- the potential limitations of the benchmark;
- the exercise of judgement or discretion by the administrator or contributors to the benchmark;
- the process and mechanics of a transition, or cessation, of the benchmark in full or in part;
- the requirements of BMR Annex 1 for interest rate benchmarks;
- the requirements of BMR for critical benchmarks.
The full statement is available here: STIBOR Benchmark Statement
The Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility is authorised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (‘Finansinspektionen’) to operate as a Benchmark Administrator pursuant to Article 34.1.a of the EU Benchmarks Regulation (BMR) and included in the Benchmark Administrators register of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
The Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility is the administrator for the Swedish interest rate benchmark, STIBOR, the ‘Stockholm Interbank Offered Rate’.